UD Catering has the exclusive right to provide catering services in all facilities on the Newark campus as well as UD-owned and operated buildings on the STAR campus.
However, possible exceptions to this policy may include:
- The right of the event organizer to use another caterer in limited, special instances. Exception requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- In the Perkins Student Center and the Trabant University Center, UD Catering shall allow registered student organization meetings or events (RSO meetings) that include only internal members to bring food in or have food delivered to areas designated by the University. If the RSO meetings include any public attendees, food service must be provided by UD Catering.
- If UD Catering cannot provide a particular cuisine or menu.
- A group is attempting to raise money for a nationally recognized charitable organization through food donations.
The above exceptions require pre-approval; please direct these requests to UD Catering at (302) 831-2891 or UDcatering@udel.edu at least 3 weeks prior to your event.
The following exception does not require pre-approval or notice:
- Small Campus Events – UD departments are permitted to seek alternative catering services for small, on-campus departmental events with approximately 30 attendees or less. For all events exceeding the 30-guest limit, event planners should continue to use the on-campus services provided by the UD Catering team.
UD Catering is not permitted to provide service for any events held off-campus (i.e., local park, private home) except in very limited, special instances approved by the Director of Auxiliary Services. Due to the labor-intensive and logistically-challenging nature of off-campus catering, providing service for these functions makes it difficult for UD Dining (which includes Residential Dining, Catering, Concessions, Beverage Operations, Retail Dining) to provide the necessary level of staffing, service and support to the Newark Campus and potentially exposes the University to additional risks.
In order to comply with the department of health, state and local health regulations, perishable food is not permitted to be taken away from any catered event. This applies to both event planners and their guests.