What is a meal plan?
This Fall, meals give you access to our all-you-care-to-eat, centrally-located CR Fresh Food Company, Russell Dining on East Campus and Pencader Dining Hall, on Laird Campus. To use a meal you'll tap your UD ONEcard on our reader when you enter the dining hall to use one of your meals from your meal plan.
PointsOne point is equivalent to one dollar. They are accepted at food courts, coffee shops and markets throughout campus, and you receive a 10% discount on any purchase made with points. For contactless service this fall, the required method of dining with points will be mobile-only ordering and pickup using the campus dining feature in the Grubhub app. You can link your UD ONEcard in the Grubhub app to use points for payment.
Meal ExchangeMeal exchange can be used to purchase meals beyond the dining halls. This fall you may exchange one meal per day, at select retail restaurants. For contactless service this fall, the required to method of dining with meal exchange will be mobile-only ordering and pickup using the campus dining feature in the Grubhub app. Students will be able to link their UD ONEcard in the app to use meal exchange for payment.
Guest MealsGuest meals can typically be used to treat friends or family to a meal in a dining hall. You can also pay for guests at the door with points, cash or credit.
Meal Plan Benefits
With your meal plan, you receive many benefits and perks, including:
- Quality food made fresh by our culinary team, with a variety of menu options personalized the way you like
- Healthy choices available at all locations
- Casual atmospheres with wifi, TVs, music and lounge-style seating—perfect for studying or hanging out
- Dedicated True Balance allergen-friendly stations at CR Fresh Food Company and Pencader Dining Hall
- Dine in or take a meal to go from our dining halls
Managing Your Plan
All students living in a traditional on-campus residence hall will be automatically assigned and billed for the 14 Weekly plan, consisting of 14 meals per week and 200 points. Students living on campus can choose to keep the 14 Weekly or change their plan to another Weekly plan by completing the Dining Plan Change Request form at Dining Plan Change Request Form in UDSIS.
Students living off campus can select any meal plan by using the Dining Plan Change Request form in UDSIS.
You can check your meal plan balances online, in UDSIS.
- June 2023 Meal Plan Portal Opens
- August 2023 Fall Move-in- Meal Plans Begin
- August 29, 2023- First day of classes; standard fall hours begin
- September 12, 2023- Deadline to select or change your spring meal plan