What is a meal plan?
Meals give you access to our all-you-care-to-eat, centrally-located CR Fresh Food Company, Russell Dining on East Campus, Pencader Dining Hall, on Laird Campus, and Whitney Kitchen on South Campus. To use a meal you'll tap your UD ONEcard on our reader when you enter the dining hall to use one of your meals from your meal plan.
One point is equivalent to one dollar. They are accepted at food courts, coffee shops and markets throughout campus, and you receive a 10% discount on any purchase made with points. ]You can link your UD ONEcard in the Grubhub app to use points for payment. Points will rollover within an academic year from summer sessions, fall semester & winter sessions through to the spring semester. However, points will expire after the final day of spring semester. You receive a 10% discount on any purchase made with points.
Meal exchange can be used to purchase meals beyond the dining halls. Premium All Access and 125 Block Meal Plan Holders may exchange 2 meals per day (1 Meal Exchange from 7:30am-5:30pm & 1 Meal Exchange from 5:30pm-8:30pm) at select restaurants. All other on-campus and block plans may exchange 1 meal per day (5:30pm-8:30pm) at select restaurants. Students will be able to link their UD ONEcard in the app to use meal exchange for payment. Learn more about meal exchange.
Guest MealsGuest meals can typically be used to treat friends or family to a meal in a dining hall. You can also pay for guests at the door with points, or credit.
Meal Plan Benefits
With your meal plan, you receive many benefits and perks, including:
- Quality food made fresh by our culinary team, with a variety of menu options personalized the way you like
- Healthy choices available at all locations
- Casual atmospheres with wifi, TVs, music and lounge-style seating—perfect for studying or hanging out
- Dedicated True Balance allergen-friendly stations at CR Fresh Food Company and Pencader Dining Hall
- Dine in or take a meal to go from our dining halls
- Starting this Fall, Late Night at Pencader and Russell Dining
Managing Your Plan
All students living in a traditional on-campus residence hall will be automatically assigned and billed for the 14 Weekly plan, consisting of 14 meals per week and 200 points. Students living on campus can choose to keep the 14 Weekly or change their plan to another Weekly plan by completing the Dining Plan Change Request form at Dining Plan Change Request Form in UDSIS.
Students living off campus can select any meal plan by using the Dining Plan Change Request form in UDSIS.
You can check your meal plan balances online, in UDSIS.
- June 2023 Meal Plan Portal Opens
- August 2023 Fall Move-in- Meal Plans Begin
- August 29, 2023- First day of classes; standard fall hours begin
- September 12, 2023- Deadline to select or change your fall 2023 meal plan